Wiping the data from your BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone is pretty simple.
To do so, perform the following steps:
1. Choose Options –> Security –> Security Wipe
2. By default the E-mail, Contacts and User Installed Apps are pre-selected, but the Media Card option is not. If you have data on the media card, you can connect your BlackBerry to your computer and connect to the device to save off any data you want. After you have transferred everything over, you can select the Media Card.
3. Before you can wipe the phone you have to type in the word “blackberry” in the field next to the Wipe Data button.
4. Next you’ll see the message: “Erasing Information…Warning: Do not pull the battery out until erasing is complete.”
5. This is followed by a “Wiping” progress bar. This can take several minutes.
As soon as the process is complete your phone has been successfully wiped.